Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Psalm 14 thoughts

 Psalm 14 declares, The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God." Just who qualifies for the title of "fool?"  Is it merely the one lacking in mental powers? Not really. Indeed, the fool may be a highly intelligent person. The fool is one whose life is lived without the direction or acknowledgment of God. Therefore, this verse could be stated this way,  The fool has said in his heart, "No, God." This would include so many of us who say there is a God and we love Him but then refuse to obey His commands. It is foolish to tell God no.

I've witnessed so many people who begin a statement with, "I know what the Bible says..." and then add "...but...." Their "but" will be followed with a statement that declares they are saying "no" to God. 

I know I'm just a simple minded man, but it seems to me anyone who declares they are a person of faith but supports the killing of the innocent preborn are turning their backs on God's word. In Jeremiah 1:5 we find the words of the Lord to Jeremiah, Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. And Doctor Luke wrote in Luke 1:41, describing Mary, the mother of Jesus who was pregnant with Jesus, visiting her pregnant cousin Elizabeth, who was also pregnant, that this happened, And it came about that when Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb....

Psalm 14 also declares, beginning in verse 4, Do all the workers of wickedness not know, Who eat up My people as they eat bread, and do not call upon the Lord? There they are in great dread....

Oh, that our churches would experience a revival and that our nation would experience a spiritual awakening. May it be so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment